Welcome to our city's recently enhanced website. Here, you will find information on Berne's elected officials, boards and city services, as well as many area links. To learn more about the history of Berne, click here
City of Berne Veterans Day Schedule, Monday, November 11, 2019
- City of Berne offices will be closed Monday, November 11th .
- Berne City Council will meet for their regular meeting on Tuesday, November 12th at 7:30 pm at City Hall, 158 W. Franklin St.
- Monday’s Trash Route will run as normal.
- The compost site will be closed Monday, November 11th
- Monday and Tuesday’s leaf Vac route will run on Tuesday.
- Note fall/winter hours for the compost site are Monday-Saturday 7 am-3pm.
City of Berne Leaf Vac Season starts October 7th. Place your garden vegetation/leaves grass clippings directly on the pavement according to your day of pickup. The city will not be emptying containers after October 3rd. Click here for leaf vac route
The 2020 Census is looking for Census Takers. Click here for more information
Click the bear to see the 2019 City of Berne information flyer
The City of Berne has received calls about pets not staying on the owners property or not being under the owners control, including family cats. Please be kind to your pets and considerate of your neighbors.
90.13 RESTRAINT OF ANIMALS.
All animals defined under this chapter that are not maintained and kept within the property boundaries of their owner or harborer, shall be kept on a leash, as defined in this chapter, maintained and controlled by either the owner, the operator, or a person designated by either to have said animal on a leash. No animals shall be permitted to run at large and the apprehension of such animal running at large shall be subject to all of the terms, covenants, and conditions contained in this chapter.
7/30/15 Online Bill Pay Has Arrived! Click the button below.