The Berne Park Board is a seven member volunteer citizen board appointed by the Mayor. Among the seven member board, one member will also serve on the Tree Board, one member shall be an officer of the South Adams Youth League and one member shall be a member of the Berne Council. The board meets no less than once a quarter or as needed. All meetings are open to the public.
The Park Board shall serve the Common Council in an advisory capacity. In its advisory capacity the Park Board may exercise the following powers and duties.
- To exercise general supervision of and recommend rules governing the use of Park and Recreational facilities by the public to the Common Council.
- To make recommendations and file an annual report to the Common Council concerning the operation of Park and Recreation Programs.
- To interview prospective custodians for Lehman Park and to recommend to the Common Council an appropriate contract for the custodian’s services.
To exercise any other powers and duties as authorized or directed by the Common
(ord.) 405, passed 4-26-93
Park Board Members for 2016
- Curtis Wurster - Council
- Doug Beall - SA Youth League Baseball
- Dustin Cressman- General
- Heather Emerson - Tree Board
- Missy Smitley- General
- Kurt Dailey - General
- John Wanner- General
Lehman Park Pavilion Rental information for 2016
To rent the pavilion please call Chad & Kris Biberstein (260) 525-0274 (updated 1-1-12)
Rental Fee Schedule for dates in 2016
$50.00 per half day during the week
$75.00 per half day on the weekend
A deposit of $ 75.00 will be required starting in 2011